Made In Utica Story

We would like to thank for coming in to our location inside the Field of Dreams Sports Complex! We had a great time with the interview chatting about all things Utica, small business, and most importantly strength and conditioning. Made in Utica is an excellent company and we hope to do another story with them again soon. Be sure to check out their website for the full story on SPI Fitness.

Thoughts On Nutrition

There are many individuals out there such as myself that staying active is no problem, as a matter of fact it is a part of our life as we appreciate and see the benefit of being active daily. It pushes the mind and body. For people like this missing a workout is a bigger stressor than a tough day at work as it is so valued in our life.Physical activity is one of the most important things we can do to stay functional on a day to day basis especially as we begin to age throughout life.

What seems to be a tougher issue with most people is nutrition. We all think we know how to eat on a daily basis but having outside help on occasion will provide a great benefit. Firstly most people are truly biased when it comes to evaluating their diet. A great way to truly analyze your diet is to track your food intake for 2-3 days. This needs to be accurate and detailed and should include food eaten, time food was eaten, and quantity of food. Try it out and you may notice some major deficiencies in calories consumed, protein consumed, or even the opposite.

Precision Nutrition is a company that we here at SPI Fitness like to use to set our guidelines when helping clients with nutrition. We look at nutritional advice as the same with fitness, strength, and conditioning. No one person will have the exact needs and we evaluate all on a client by client basis.

In many cases people will avoid nutritional “coaching” or “consulting” as they feel they already know it all, or they fear being put on a strict diet plan that consists of weighing food, calorie counting, and obsessive meal timing. This is not the case with how things are done here at SPI Fitness along with Precision Nutrition.

Our goal is to empower and educate people to make the best possible choices for the MAJORITY of their meals. Notice we did not say ALL. Life is unpredictable and a good nutritional coach knows this. People will eat pizza, drink beer (hopefully good beer!) and it not always possible to have fresh organic grass fed meat along with fresh organic produce. We try here to help people look at nutrition as a meal by meal approach and work to strive for the best possible meal each time you eat. If a time comes where you have a not so healthy meal then we educated people on how to ensure there next few meals are quality. We like to recommend people follow the 90-10 rule in which 90 percent of the time you eat as healthy as possible while the other 10 percent you eat whatever you may desire. This helps avoid mental burnout and helps people stay on track and balanced.

This process helps us carry out the important message that a quality nutrition plan should be looked at as a lifestyle in which balance is the main concept.

Remember its never a bad idea to seek out some outside assistance to help take yourself over that hump when nutrition may be a lacking area in your overall wellness such as the PN (Precision Nutrition) coaching program here at SPI Fitness, five sessions that can drastically improve your outlook and decision making process in regards to your personal nutrition.

This article was written by Marc Giordano PTA, NASM-CPT, Precision Nutrition who is one of the co-founders here at SPI Fitness


Free Boot Camps

Just a reminder to all #spifit fans and interested people out there that we will be continuing to do free boot camps with the last one being next Friday, June 20th.

So far this week we have had a nice turnout for each boot camp with a wide variety of people from with varying fitness levels. The feedback has been excellent so do not miss your chance to get in on the action and save some money!

Boot camp times are Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 7:30 A.M.  and 6:30 P.M. at our SPI Fitness location inside the Field of Dreams Sports Complex. This is one of the largest and most athlete friendly sports performance/ boot camp  set ups in the area! Bryan Martinez-Torres is our lead trainer for the #spifit boot camp!

Discounted Training Packages

We will be running 10 % off all training packages at our Field of Dreams location grand opening/open house this Saturday June 7th from 10 A.M.- 2 P.M.

Be sure to stop by to meet the SPI Staff, enjoy open workouts, and take advantage of these great deals!



Erin Hamlin

SPI Fitness is proud to announce that we will be the official strength and conditioning center for Erin Hamlin’s summer training!

SPI Fitness would like to thank Erin for being at our open house/grand opening at our location inside the Inertia Wellness Complex!